4.18.2013

Taste of Thailand

Thai streets are full of surprises. You'll never have a hard time finding food even at night. Food stall after food stall selling fruits, vegetables or meat paired with sticky rice. Honestly i'm not that brave to eat street food especially when i'm out on a trip to avoid getting sick while vacationing. It just so happen that i was with bunch of my Thai girl friends that's why i got to try some of it
First street food is: KAI MOD DAENG aka ANTS EGGS

























See those white little round thing? Those were the ants eggs, and that white thing close to red chilli peppers is the baby ant. Gaaah i felt so stupid after finding out what was in my soup. I should have ask my friends before eating it. I thought it was just the head of those little white mushroom so i was actually searching for it. I liked how it taste and how it pops in my mouth. And the baby ants i thought they were little shrimpies. So imagine the horror in my face when i found what it was. Eating insects was definitely not on my list.



































Sometimes it's hard to know what is it or what's in it like on this soup. I can't remember what its called but i still kept eating it because it tasted so damn good. And also because i know that the food stall was safe.







I have no idea what part of animals these things are. But the meat on the left side is grilled pork and that's what we got paired with sticky rice.























































Drinking Leo beer with my girl friends at sidewalk in Bangkok. I'm not really a fan of beer but leo beer was alright. It is very light so perfect for me.



















































Mushrooms wrapped in bacon was one of my favorite. For 10 thb, oh hell yeah! :D




































































Pad Thai Noodles one of the most popular Thai dishes.








































































Colorful bars in the car at Soi 11. I thought they were so cool. I've seen lots of foreigners that actually hangs here. The place is good for long chit-chats and people watching for a 100 thb mixed drinks.





























After club hopping at Soi 11 we had this spicy shrimp for snack/breakfast. :)



























Morning glory, one of my most favorite Thai dishes.














































And of course Edamame, It is so good i can eat this everyday. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment